Our Working Model
Quality Development Process
To achieve the production of high quality software, delivering it to you on time and within the budget, TekFocal’s management, development and QA procedures are based on the СMMI and ISO 9001 standards. We do not blindly follow these industry standards; project specifics are considered and if needed we modify our management and development procedures to particular project requirements and their goals.
TekFocal is a flexible partner who can customize the working model to fit your specific needs. One could choose from Fixed-Bid, Time-and-Material on-site and/or offshore teams, virtual global team or any mix of these models. We have delivered to clients using all these models. The objective is always to tailor a solution that fits your unique requirements.
We’ll never promise anything we know we can’t deliver. We spend more time on preliminary consultation than other companies. That initial investment of time smooths out the development process and allows you to see benefits sooner without incurring hidden costs.
For example, a typical process of project execution for projects based on the Fixed-Bid model looks as follows:
The first stage of the project is estimation of the work and costs required for project completion. The estimation stage result is a Technical Proposal that includes:
- A list of assumptions and limitations that make the project specifications more accurate.
- A project architecture and tools overview.
- A project plan, prepared in MS Project, that includes a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and project schedule.
- A list of deliverables.
- A risk list.
- The total project cost.
If the conditions described in the Technical Proposal are acceptable for you (maybe after some discussions) we begin the project.
The following artifacts are the results of the subsequent stages of the project:
- Architecture stage – software architecture design documents
- Development stage – source code, executables, unit tests, manuals
- Testing stage – Test plan, test design, tests and checklists with their results
Our management and development methods allow outsourcing some stages/parts of the project if needed. This helps us to join in a project at any stage or to perform some stages of a project.
All project tasks in your project will be performed by competent specialists and each stage of the project will be independently reviewed. Each task has a date of completion and deliverables so the project manager always knows where the project is. The project manager is the only person who can assign tasks to software developers so it is impossible that a developer does an unnecessary or wrong job.
TekFocal has all necessary infrastructure required for successful software project development and for the customer’s data protection:
- Modern workplaces;
- Servers with various configurations;
- Various tools for software development and software life-cycle management;
- Restricted office access;
- The corporate LAN is protected by firewalls. Access is allowed using secure protocols (SSH, HTTPS) only;
- Strong antivirus and anti-malware protection;
- All project information, data, and source code are stored on servers with strictly limited access rights. The servers are located in a separate room with restricted access.
- We can do remote work on the customer’s servers, which helps to avoid the transfer of some artifacts and to speed up the project team performance. TekFocal is connected to the Internet via high speed lines, which allows such remote development.
We can take additional security and data protection measures on your request, for example:
- A separate subnet and servers for the project;
- Strictly restricted file copy and file transfer – no floppies, disabled USB interfaces, disabled or controlled file transfer protocols;
- A separate office with strictly restricted access.
Legal Issues and Intellectual Property Rights
TekFocal signs a contract and NDA (non-disclosure agreement) with a customer, and TekFocal is legally responsible for the fulfillment of the contract, which first of all means the timely delivery of quality software and the customer’s data protection. You may select a country of jurisdiction for the contract, special NDA and other legal issues.
TekFocal pays special attention to the customer’s data and source code security and protection. We typically use the following legal means:
- An NDA between the customer and TekFocal;
- The appropriate NDA clauses in the employment contracts with TekFocal developers.
The customer has the full IPR (Intellectual Property Rights) for all software delivered.